November 21, 2019, 10:02:13 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Anyone using Nivida ION system with Intel Atom  (Read 4186 times)

Jack_Lee

• View Profile
Anyone using Nivida ION system with Intel Atom
« on: October 14, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »
Hey guys, I am currently using a mini device with Nivida ION system with Intel Atom as a player.
The screen is set on 1080x1920 and it is playing a couple of Flash files at the same time in different part of the screen.
But the funny thing is, when I rotate the screen and play it in portriat, it starts lagging and flickering from left to right. When it is on landscape , it runs soomther and doesn't lag as much.

Any thoughts? have you guys used a similar device?

I am hoping some graphic card setting or hardware acceleration setting can solve this, help me out guys.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using Nivida ION system with Intel Atom
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 06:15:18 AM »
It sounds like a driver issue, I would try and download the latest driver or google for Adobe Flash and driver conflicts with your hardware revision.

itehno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:31:28 AM »
Hey guys, I am currently using a mini device with Nivida ION system with Intel Atom as a player.
The screen is set on 1080x1920 and it is playing a couple of Flash files at the same time in different part of the screen.
But the funny thing is, when I rotate the screen and play it in portriat, it starts lagging and flickering from left to right. When it is on landscape , it runs soomther and doesn't lag as much.

Any thoughts? have you guys used a similar device?

I am hoping some graphic card setting or hardware acceleration setting can solve this, help me out guys.

Try to rearrange your screen divisions so they don't touch each other, leave few pixels between them. If this does not help, try to swap content (channels) between divisions.

dueseval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
Also evaluating&testing Atom with ION (Acer R3610) with signageplayer - Ubuntu i686 10.04.3+patches to 16Oct2011 + latest NVIDIA hware driver - screen is 1366x768 -latest ubuntu/adobe flash

Seeing  very slow flash SWF performance in signageplayer - especially alpha fades and rotates.(Hotel Lobby example SWF approx 1/4 screen)  Same box performs fine with XBMC player so I think problem lies in flash/air. Am I likely to get better results with Win7 based player?

Given that Adobe dropped Air support for Linux in June does this mean that the days of signageplayer under ubuntu are numbered?(which would be a shame)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:59:21 AM »
Ya the ATOM is too weak to handle swfs. And yes, Linux will eventually not support all features as Adobe no longer supports it. For example our next release will introduce video hardware acceleration and 2D/3D acceleration which Linux  players will not support. On the up side, Android will be fully supported for Desktop player (web is supported today) including hardware acceleration.

conexia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:49:50 AM »
Would like to know what will be the migration path for us that are using Ubuntu Linux on PCs.
I know that there is an Android version for PCs http://www.android-x86.org/ but I am not sure if it will be the line to follow.
Can you shed some light on this issue for us?
Greetings

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »
The migration to 3.x will be posted soon but it's independent of the OS you use (and not related to Android).
Our Desktop players currently support Mac, Linux and Windows and the migration is designed around these OSs.

tigger33

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:47:24 PM »
I use the same type of mini systems for my business.  I noticed that flash files are inconsistent and lag often.  I have since converted all of my swf files to flv files and they all run smooth. There are many converter software programs out there, I use Smart SWF Converter. I think it costs around $50, but it has been worth it.  That could be your issue, not sure but maybe worth a try.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines