December 07, 2019, 09:13:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Signage Controller stop working  (Read 7638 times)

jorapogu

• View Profile
Signage Controller stop working
« on: October 07, 2011, 09:02:26 AM »
Hi, We have problems with some player with Windows 7, Signage Controller stops working and a message appears on the screen. With Windows XP it does not happen. What could cause this error?

Thanks,

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Signage Controller stop working
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:54:43 PM »
Are you using an English based Windows 7? If not the controller path to the "Program files" may need to be modified

jorapogu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 07:50:02 AM »
It is in Spanish Base. What path should I put? Because there is a inicio and a star, and in both is the Signage Controller

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:53:44 AM »
Ya that's what I thought, install this:

Change Windows OS language to English and fix SignageController.exe problem
with Program files not launching...

use: Vistalizator

http://www.froggie.sk/

jorapogu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 10:20:10 AM »
Although we have windows 7 professional, we can not install the software to change the language because it indicates incompatibility. What other solution do I have to fix the problem?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 10:46:24 AM »
You need to edit signageController.bat and modify it so it points to the right path... try it...

jorapogu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:29:21 PM »
I edited the. bat and has the same problem and also to test instead of. bat put a shortcut to the signage controller, but is the same

angelohotel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 07:47:52 PM »
Well, looks like i faced the same issue.
I run players on Win7 (Russian). In Russian windows I have folder 'Program Files' (exaclty as in english one) where the player and controller are installed. But from time to time I get a windows message 'signage controller is not running due to some error occured'.
Once (near month ago) it was solved by updating player to a newer build of a player. But now there is no newer build.

angelohotel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 10:38:19 PM »
Well, I found some Ideas)
First of all, I was wrong about 'there is no updates available' and my installation was rather ugly.
As I already wrote - I use Russian Windows 7, and I have "Program Files" folder with the same name as in english version. But the problem was that it is 64-bit version of windows and player is installed to "Program Files (x86)" folder! At first installation i manualy foced it to install to "Program Files". But after each update player installs itself into "x86" folder, and then runs older version from "program files" which causes this errors.
What i have done is created windows junction point ('symlink') to make a relationship between 2 folders.
Run:
mklink /J "C:\Program Files\SignagePlayer" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SignagePlayer"
So I have a working installation in x86 folder, which should succesfully update, and a link to succesfully start the system.
2 jorapogu - I think this also should help you. Just make correct links with your folder names.
2 admin - NO windows version, except english, can be translated to another language.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »
Thx for the info on synlink, it's a good tip!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines