October 01, 2020, 02:40:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: How do I remove cross fades between resources?  (Read 11235 times)

david@signpostdigital.com

• View Profile
How do I remove cross fades between resources?
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »
I have a sequence of 12 second MP4 advertisements playing in a channel.  There seems to be cross fades happening between each ad.  I have looked everywhere to see where this is being set and can't find it anywhere.  How can I just have cuts between each resource?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How do I remove cross fades between resources?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:43 AM »
Release 3.2 will introduce direct-x transitions, so coming ....

janne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:11:03 AM »
I have the same problem.
A dissolve at the end of the movie...

New Transitions are great, but we want no transitions ;-)

Is there a chance to get it away?

Kind regards
Janne

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »
Don't worry... it's coming with release 3.2, transitions and effects all powered by Direct-X.
ETA, December 2011.

kmirc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
I have the same problem. I want to get rid of the cross fading between resources in a timeline. I have 1 single flv that loops indefinitely, but the fade effect makes it look ugly. I need it to be a straight cut between cycles allowing the flv to loop perfectly as it was designed. How can I make this happen?

janne

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:34:01 AM »
Hi Mediasignage Team,

any News about the transitions.
It looks very bad to have transitions between the Clips...

thx

Janne

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
There has been some delays to the addition of the transition changes. But we will still be adding them in release 4.0.  Which is already being beta tested at this moment by our users.

check this link : http://script.mediasignage.com/forum/index.php/topic,1761.0.html

warwickwater

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »
OK, so I'm not running 4.0 latest beta on players and studio. How do I now control/ remove these transitions?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 04:36:34 AM »
OK, so I'm not running 4.0 latest beta on players and studio. How do I now control/ remove these transitions?

Not possible at the moment. Its in the 4.0 roadmap and will be added later.

warwickwater

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 05:42:11 AM »
Original ETA December 2011. Now June 2012. When might 'later' be please?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
It's a good thing we waited since now we can take advantage of GPU hardware acceleration.
I can't give an exact ETA but we do hope to release it this year (2012)...

warwickwater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 01:28:04 AM »
What would have been better would have been to deliver promised necessary functionality on time, then upgrade when new technology (ie GPU acceleration) becomes available. Are you seriously suggesting that delivering a key feature a year later with no announcement or apology is acceptable? If customers are to trust you with a key part of their business, you need to keep your promises - or at least keep people informed.

KRob

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 11:14:10 AM »
While I understand things happen and sometimes plans fall through for one reason or another, no software, person or company is perfect, nor do I expect perfection... I have to agree somewhat with the previous post.  The transition issue is big with me and my team as well, and before I realized there wasn't an option at this time.. I was  looking through the forum and saw that it's been promised over and over again at different times, but still hasn't been delivered..now promised to be in 4.0.  We're jumping into this software with the hopes that transitions will indeed be in 4.0, since currently our presentation looks pretty choppy due to black screens between each scene.. (No matter how we do it, we've tried separate timelines and one big timeline) but I'm sure you can understand that it's hard to have faith that it'll ever actually happen....  Perhaps rather than promising certain aspects will be in specific dates/versions, if you're really not sure than just be honest and say you'd like to do it but you don't know exactly when...

th

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 08:37:55 PM »
Hi there,

We really appreciate all the hardwork the mediasignage team has put in for all the new/improved features and I'm really looking forward to the final 4.0 :)

Though allow me to say, the feature to remove the cross fades between resources is very important and should receive some priority.

Why more than others? Because this is what the customer and the customer's customers sees.

This is especially jarring when you have video playback. As both the sound and image is heard/seen.

So together with the other users here, I hope this can be fixed really soon or at least suggest something we can do to minimize the fades.

Thank you!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 09:42:22 PM »
We didn't add it to 4.0, since it is part of a MUCH larger release 4.2 which will include dozens of new hardware accelerated GPU transitions.
So when we deliver it, it will be done right!!! Sorry for the delay, but it will be worth the wait ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines