November 19, 2019, 05:57:14 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Multi-Room & Multi-Day Calendaring  (Read 15246 times)

ANOOP

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Room & Multi-Day Calendaring
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2012, 07:45:37 AM »
Yes I would also look forward for a video on the google calender

criley

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
Any word as to whether we will get a video or some documentation? I like the twitter video, so now if we can just get something similar to the Google Calendar or at least documentation as to what elements or attributes, that would be great. If it is too difficult, Maybe someone can point me in the right direction to build my own with a SWF.

ande1066

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
@ StarVue

How much would it cost to have your programmers do something similar to you Google calendar solution for me?
Or is a "template" for sale somewhere?

Love the concept and end result, but I just don't have the right talent on my team to execute.

Please let me know when you can.

Thanks!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »
We can't support the now discontinued Google swf, but if it works for some of you great... we will however see about making a video for the XML component with Google calendar.
And, we do have plans to develop a Studio / Player component specifically for Google calendar as well.
Our main focus right now is release 4.10 with universal proof of play, the new iOS release, bug fixes and a few more surprises :)

HVL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 01:34:24 AM »
In case anybody is interested, we had a client that wanted Google Calendar integrated as well. The original post is about a year old now, so that probably isn't relevant anymore.
Our simple solution was to use the 'embed your calendar on your homepage'-feature that Google supplies themselves, to easily display a calendar in agenda-mode.
This means that you can easily see the next and most relevant events, wasting no space on displaying empty weekends and the like.

The code can be found here: http://hvl-gruppen.dk/mediasignage/herfoelge/gcal.html. CTRL+U for the source.
All you need to do, is edit the source to your own calendar, and you're good to go.

ande1066

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
Hey HVL,
Thanks for the update. This is still something I think a lot of us are interested in.
My only question is where do I interject my calendar code at? Which point?

Thanks again!

HVL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2012, 12:49:51 AM »
Hey HVL,
Thanks for the update. This is still something I think a lot of us are interested in.
My only question is where do I interject my calendar code at? Which point?
Thanks again!

I do not know what you mean by 'interject'. Please elaborate?
You need to upload your code to a server somewhere. A temporary (or perhaps permanent) solution could be to use the "public" folder of a dropbox account.

Code: [Select]
<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
<div id="content">

#################  Put your embedded calendar code here. #######################

</div>
</body>
</html>

Copy and paste the above text into a .txt file on your desktop. Open the file, replace the ########## put your code here ####### part with your own embedded calendar code, and save the file as something.html. Then put it in your dropbox "public" folder, if you have one, and right click the file. Follow the dropbox context-menu to the "Copy public URL" button. Click that, and paste the link you have in your clipboard now into the HTML-component in your SignageStudio campaign.

I have nothing to do, lol. Sorry if you already know this. Write back if you need any help at all.

richjame

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:41:00 AM »
And, we do have plans to develop a Studio / Player component specifically for Google calendar as well.

@admin, how are these plans coming along?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines