November 17, 2019, 11:59:38 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Horizontal scrolling & smoothness  (Read 3497 times)

mack

• View Profile
Horizontal scrolling & smoothness
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
I am finding that use of the horizontal scroller for live RSS feeds or custom text is not displaying the scrolling as smoothly nor as speedily as I would have expected. For example on a 1920x1080 screen with a full width (1920 pixel) zone dedicated to horizontal scrolling, at a speed of 100 the text takes approximately 19 seconds from the time it first appears at the right end of the screen to traverse all the way to the left edge of the screen. Should it be this slow for the fastest speed? Am I doing something wrong (eg. some config parameters I am missing)? Also the text movement is quite jittery (ie. unsmooth) and does not look like it is in moving sync with the monitor refresh speed at all. Is this usual? I am using Win XP SP3, E6300 2.8GHz CPU, 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 9400 GT gfx card for the player unit.

Thanks in advance.
Mack.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Horizontal scrolling & smoothness
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »
Yep, that is all about to change with release 3.1 coming this October 2011 as we will support Direct-X, openGL and GPU acceleration, you will soon have super smooth RSS with even an ATOM based PC.

Sean.

DSMD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
Yep, that is all about to change with release 3.1 coming this October 2011 as we will support Direct-X, openGL and GPU acceleration, you will soon have super smooth RSS with even an ATOM based PC.

Sean.

What happend to the Sept release date or the August? I too need this as 2.xx has a bad memory leak. I have a 5 screen setup with 3 10sec flv, 2 loop continuously 130x120, 1 incorporated into a .swf converted to h.264 flv 30 secs plays once every 10 Min's. The rest is a menu board with 1 photo player from your collection. I have a lot of labels and pictures of the menu items. The hardware is AMD Fusion E35, AMD 6300 GPU + AMD 6450 GPU, 3G 1333 mem, XPPro SP3, latest video drivers. Tried it on Intel Q6600, 3G, XP SP3, same issue creeps up to over 1 Gig after about 4-5 hours.

Both units have choppy animation after about the same time. Any update on your Dev progress? I've a few version number batted about here in the forums for the last few months 3.1, 3.2, and 3.5. Can you give us a road map? Thanks 8)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
The 3.1 which is the major milestone due to Adobe SDK's is set  for Alpha at the end of the month. It is a major release due to Adobe changes. Once that's out you will start seeing many smaller build releases.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines