January 21, 2020, 07:31:45 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Internet Freezing  (Read 1807 times)

m42

• View Profile
Internet Freezing
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »
I hope to be up and running soon. My concern is when the internet crashes

Does anyone have a problem with the internet freezing? This happens daily on my personal computer. Whenever my computer freezes, at least 2x a day I have the press the reset button. It has always been like this even after replacing the modem and I accepted that this is just thee way it is. Is this normal?

My concern is how can you manage these signs remotely if it requires someone to press the reset button on the router.

Please assist.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Internet Freezing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
no problem, all data will load from cache, and when internet resume you will be able to access you players.
No interruption to your audience will be evident.

m42

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:09:32 PM »
If the internet is down (if it freezes daily) I won't be able to upload or make changes which is the whole point of having remote access.

In order for the internet to resume, I would have to physically go there, hit the reset button on the router and have it monitored constantly if it freezes everyday.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:00:50 PM »
You will have to bring up the router issue with your router manufacturer, our system has no management control over it.

m42

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 02:22:49 PM »
Can anyone please recommend a reliable modem/router (combo)? I have a Linksys and I believe it is the reason my internet keeps freezing. THANKS

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines