January 16, 2022, 06:53:33 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Aver Capture Card and HDCP  (Read 5174 times)

teethstraight

• View Profile
Aver Capture Card and HDCP
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:28:13 AM »
So I've recently  become acquainted with the ugly reality of HDCP. The MediaBox I bought with the Aver Media tuner card won't allow me to play a signal via HDMI from my DVD players or media center. The media center I have only outputs to HDMI, so I can't even try Component.

When I try run a DVD player via Component, I get some blurry interference lines at the top of my image. I've tried several different cables, and it does the same thing every time, so it's not that. And it does it even when Signage Player is not running it as an external app. So I can only think that it might be the dongle cable or the card itself. Or maybe it's just an Aver issue?

Has anyone had any similar experiences with this issue?

To the guys at MediaSignage, if it is the card or dongle, do I have some kind of warranty? And how do I prove it if there is a problem?

Ultimately, I'd like to just bypass the whole HDCP problem and run via HDMI. Are there any cards capable of achieving this that someone knows of? Also, is VLC or any other program capable of running via the Aver media card?

Much thanks,

Rich

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Aver Capture Card and HDCP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 03:59:41 PM »
HDCP sucks! If your source device has HDCP encryption you have no choice but to use Component instead... luckily component does look GREAT in HD!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines