October 18, 2019, 04:36:53 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Join us for a FREE Webinar this Thursday at http://webinar.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Enterprise version with white labeling  (Read 8621 times)

kevandju

• View Profile
Enterprise version with white labeling
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »
I'm a enterprise customer and I have some concerns in regards to the white labeling.

1.) If you unregister the player it will give you a button to signup for free account and point to your website (I know this is supposed to be fixed)

2.) The signage dot me domain is while it is supposed to be generic there are countless references to it on your site which if anyone Googles that domain it will come right back to mediasignage.com

3.) The code for referrals and logins all points to the signage dot me domain which in turn points right back to you

4.) Player Preview also uses signage dot me domain

The big thing here is that in order for it to be truly white label so we can market as our own then we need no traces back to you.  As it is right now I can't let people demo the software on their own or else any IT guy that gets his hand on this will easily find mediasignage.com from all the traces in the software and then cut us out of the picture.

My suggestion is to allow us to modify the domain field  in the player so we can use our domain to point your IP or even a CNAME record to your domain.  Or even better yet if we could specify our domain in the reseller web app then all of the domains in the code snippets could auto-update to that field as well as after registering a player for the first time with an email address under our reseller account then domain in the player would change as well.

kevandju

• View Profile
Re: Enterprise version with white labeling
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 03:03:12 PM »
Just wanted if anyone had any feedback on this as this is a big issue to me and I would assume others who are interested in white labeling.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »
1. Was fixed in 3.X
2. We removed the one reference we found on the MS web site (Security HTML page)
3. Sigange ( m  e ) (don't want to reference here for indexing) is none branded
4. same as #3

We make every effort to make sure the white label is as transparent as possible to your customers

Always glad to help,

Sean - MediaSignage.com

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 06:48:16 PM »
Just a few newbielink:http://digitalsignages.wordpress.com/ [nonactive], newbielink:http://digitalsignages.wordpress.com/2010/05/07/mediasignage-releases-beta-2-0-for-its-free-digital-signage/ [nonactive], newbielink:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ibfgbbogekblinimfhkoibfojckbpkho [nonactive], newbielink:http://www.mediasignage.com/html/embed_digital_signage.html [nonactive]

Sorry not trying to be a pain, just feel like the CNAME records or A record to your IP would be full proof way.  Not sure if this is a security or licensing issue for you with having that field changeable, just seems like an easy fix.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 07:38:22 AM »
thx, sure will work on cleaning those as well, but your average user will not run into these, but of course we will make an effort to clean those...

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
For me my average user is the Corporate IT Director of multi location company and they want to get a demo unit in their labs to test out.  So seeing that domain there is a decent change that they are going to research it.  I also know that with a CNAME it is still going to resolve to the signage dot m e domain on pings but at least that is one more layer.

And can I also suggest if changing the domain field is not an option that the signage.me web page comes down? Since it doesn't drive anybody any business and since there is no branding it really only leads on to it not being our domain.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »
FYI, you don't have to use our signage.me
You can buy your order domain and map it to our IPs (and prefixes) and this making it your own!
Some of our customers do that...

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 11:44:39 AM »
I have done this already as this was my assumption that I would be able to do.  Where can I change the domain in the player to point to my domain which is mapped to your IPs?

Also where do I specify in the enterprise so the player previews and all that also use my domain?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »
you will need to modify the JS code for that. Do a search and replace and host the JS on your site.

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 08:21:36 AM »
What js are you talking about exactly?  I'm aware of how to modify the reseller html page and I already am hosting the js, my main concerns are these.

1.) Player Preview link in SignageStudio and WebStudio both point to neptune
2.) Server URL in Signage Player on my Media Boxes point to neptune
3.) New account signup the domain for the privacy policy (this should be able to point to our own privacy policy)
4.) New account signup the domain for end user license agreement (this should be able to point to our own license agreement)
5.) Creating new account sends email from your domain with an activation link to your domain

Where can I change all of these to point to my domain?

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »
I'm assuming this isn't possible currently.  Can you at least tell me when this will be possible if at all?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
You can also map your own IPs to domain registrant but it's beyond our support level.
You can see an example of a reseller who did just that:  http://server7.digitalsignageserver.com/

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 05:49:31 AM »
But what you're missing is that on your end you have those domains hard coded into the 5 things I have listed.  No mapping is going to change that as it is in your code.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
We did fix a few. Some of the other like the Google app are more challenging and will remain like that for now.

kevandju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »
Not sure about the google app, of the 5 I listed can you tell me which have been fixed and what versions they are fixed in so I can download that version and test it out?

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines