November 19, 2019, 02:40:19 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Clock SWF does not display correct time  (Read 4759 times)

SeaDog

• View Profile
Clock SWF does not display correct time
« on: April 14, 2011, 02:59:57 PM »
 :-\
I've seen this posted with no resolution that I could find back in 2009 and 2010 so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I downloaded the coffee shop campaign while creating a new business under our reseller account.  I noticed that the clock SWFs were displaying the time 1 hour earlier than our time zone (AZ) which is currently observing pacifis time.  The player PC is set for the AZ time zone and DOES display the correct time.

There is a "clock settings" tab in the flash properties for the clock SWF that allows you to set the type and the offset.  The offset was set to -8 but changing that had no effect so I changed it back.  So I changed the timezone on the PC to Eastern time which DID change the PC time being displayed, still no effect on the time in the clock SWF.  It was still 1 hour off and 4 hours off from Easter time.

So, I viewed the training video at newbielink:http://mediasignage.com/html/signage_video.html?videoNumber=dateAndTime [nonactive] and it DOES state to change the offset for the timezone but as I stated before, this is not working for me.

So, as in the video, I imported the clock scenes that use the same graphics as what is part of the coffee shop campaign.  I set the timezone offset for these and THAT WORKED.  Now I just need to fine tune the display.

I'd be very curious to hear why the clock swfs that are the default clocks in the coffee shop campaign, cannot be configured.
  ???

kylebryan

• View Profile
Re: Clock SWF does not display correct time
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
is your time set correctly on the station?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
Please contact Lawrence via Live Chat and let's do a quick screen sharing with Team Viewer, so I can help out.
Go to: http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx

Download the full version, run it, and give me the ID and password.
This way I can see your screen and figure it out.

SeaDog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:19:42 AM »
I'm not worried about it anymore.  As I stated, I imported 2 clock scenes to replace the ones that had issues with and I had no problem configuring them.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
ha, very good...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines