January 20, 2021, 04:02:01 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: JavaSript not playing in SignagePlayer Desktop. Works on WebVersion though...  (Read 3660 times)

maoma

• View Profile
Hello,

I'm trying to display the video from one of my IP cameras. It has it's own web server and an html link to view the video.
there are 2 links actualy one for a page that displays the video using an activex component, and one that uses a javascript.
I've been using the java sript link as from reading these posts I believe activex is not supported...

The java sript works perfectly when viewed using the SignagePlayer Web version. It says to use the Desktop (airplayer) version to run it in full screen mode, however the video is blank when I do that...

Any Ideas?

Shawn

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Active-x is not supported as we are an Adobe Player and not compatible with Microsoft propriety technologies.
Thank you for your interest in MediaSignage,

Eric - MediaSignage.com

maoma

• View Profile
Thank you, I did know that activex was not supported. I was asking more about the javascript...
It is a TrendNet IP camera (TV-IP422W).

It also has a RTSP port at 554. could I use this some how to view the video stream using mediaplayer?
I know there are aps that can do this, I have one on my iPhone...

Thanks,
Shawn

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
We support VLC so you could use it to embed into a screen division for live streaming
Regards,

Eddie

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines