January 16, 2022, 08:59:27 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://plus.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Flypaper SWFs  (Read 4336 times)

teethstraight

• View Profile
Flypaper SWFs
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:40:56 PM »
I'm trying to use a SWF created in Flypaper as a resource. However, the file won't play. I just get a white screen, or sometimes the background image of the SWF, but no other content. I have marked the resource as 'trusted', which caused the whole Media Signage software to go crazy (flash, hang, crash). Very weird. Please assist.

Much thanks

Rich

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flypaper SWFs
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »
I think FlyPaper has diff settings, check with them and see what works for our system as I know some of their customers use us and so they should have a bit more input.
One thing to make sure of, is that under resources you mark the "trust this content" under the swf propeties

teethstraight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 08:52:54 AM »
Is anyone out there using Flypaper with Signage Studio? Flypaper now have their engineers looking at the problem, suspecting that Signage Studio is not compatible with Flash 10 or Action Script 3.0. That seems ridiculous to me. If someone is managing to use Flypaper created SWFs within Signage Studio and Player, please let me know whether there is something specific that needs to be done.

I'm new to this community and thought Flypaper to be a convenient and powerful tool. If anyone knows of other software that can easily develop flash content without the complexity of Adobe Flash, please let me know. I've heard of Adobe Captivate, but from what I've read it seems too simple and doesn't offer interactivity.

Thanks in advance.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 04:22:13 PM »
We have customers using FlyPaper and yes, our system itself is built with AS3 and Flash 10 and so, yes, :) we support it...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines