December 15, 2019, 12:42:20 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Players  (Read 4764 times)

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
Players
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:37:44 PM »
Dear Admin,

It is common that an SWF can run finely in desktop player but might not in browser player. However, recently I got an SWF(in AS3.0) that works OK in browser player; but when played in desktop player, I get black screen.

What should the reason be?

Thanks a lot.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Players
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 06:59:11 AM »
Under resources, select your swf and mark it as "Trust this content" and do file > save afterwards

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:19 PM »
Under resources, select your swf and mark it as "Trust this content" and do file > save afterwards

I did; otherwise, it could not be displayed in browser player. It work in browser player, but didn't in desktop player.

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:19:23 PM »
I've just got a SWF, and it has two scenes, nothing else different from normal SWF. The 1st scene is a preloader, after the SWF loaded totally, it will go to play the 2nd scene.

I uploaded the SWF file, and played in browser player, it worked fine. However, when I switched to use Desktop Player, it stopped at the first frame of the 1st scene...

I thought that maybe it was due to the difference between Flash Player and Air Player, so I recreated the .fla file, and I selected 'Adobe AIR 2' option in Flash Professional CS5, and test again in Desktop Player, this time it went to the 2nd scene, but the animation was totally messed up.

So, can we say that the environments of  Browser Player and Desktop Player are actually different? Since it was not first time I got this result.

For your reference, this SWF comes from here:

http://www.flashmo.com/preview/flashmo_219_mesh

Thanks for attention.

I will be highly thankful for that your not asking me to tick 'trust content' option, it really has nothing to do with that option.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:30:19 PM »
Hi Vince,
please email us through the contact form and I will give you some options for custom development so we can evaluate how to proceed.
Always glad to help,

Eddie - MediaSignage.com

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:21:18 PM »
Thanks Eddie.

I wrote a message.

And, as to the problem, I got a workaround, that is removing the 1st scene from the .fla, and it works.

Maybe Desktop Player doesn't support multi-scene~

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »
More likely has to do with the Loader, but as long as it works... cool!

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines