August 12, 2020, 09:44:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: ExtApp - AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX (USB)  (Read 3982 times)

gdp

• View Profile
ExtApp - AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX (USB)
« on: February 03, 2011, 01:12:52 AM »
Is it possible to use the AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX (USB) as a live video feed rather than the PCI-E card?  If so, how do you control the audio if you only have the RG6 cable for connection (for both video and audio)?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ExtApp - AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX (USB)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 06:47:53 AM »
Any card from AverMedia that supports the AverMedia Center software will work.
And Audio will bypass our system OR go through the pink port as shown in our mediaTV schematic.

StarVue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 06:22:06 PM »
I am currently using the AverMedia AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX (USB) in a 24 hour operation & it is working FLAWLESSLY.

Using the Aver MediaCenter (External) application the same way you would use it for the PCI-E capture card.

The Audio form the USB Tuner goes directly to the output (Green connector) on the PC.

You can even use a AverMedia remote control with the USB tuner to change channels & volume within your signage presentation.

it's the ONLY solution for a internal tuner I found that works 100% of the time. ;D

gdp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 12:34:16 PM »
Great news!  :)  Thanks. It was working great through the AverMedia Center, but not through the Ext App. I'll keep looking to see what I'm doing wrong.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines