November 13, 2019, 04:50:08 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: Stay up to date with everything that's happening at http://twitter.digitalsignage.com

MediaSignage support forum

Author Topic: Support of the mouse events  (Read 7025 times)

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
Support of the mouse events
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
In Kiosk Mode, suppose that I use my swf which is actually an interactive game; will player enable all the mouse events? Such as mouseOver?

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
Re: Support of the mouse events
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:40 AM »
I just used a little program to test, and noted that most of the events are supported. But I found something weird:

in my swf there are several buttons, clicking on different button will drive it to load different .jpg files from my company's site, and when I run the swf on my local pc, it works OK; however, after I uploaded it to MediaSignage server and used it on my compaign's timeline, the behaver changed to be: no matter which button you click, it would always display the first one image it loaded.

the ActionScript version is 2.0.   
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:21:22 AM by vincent-zhang »

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
Well, that seems to be a serious problem, so I really hope can get aid from you. Today I used another AS2.0 Flash program to test, and I got the same result.

On the timeline of the fla, there is snippet like this:

Code: [Select]
    xmlData = new XML();
    xmlData.ignoreWhite = true;
    xmlData.onLoad = loadXML;
    xmlData.load("http://mydomainname/mediasignage-cont/demo/ImageNavigator/content.xml");

it will get the xml file from url, and the content of the XML is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<content>
    <item Image="http://mydomainname/mediasignage-cont/demo/ImageNavigator/content/image1.jpg" Name="3D Spheres" Colour="000000"/>
    <item Image="http://mydomainname/mediasignage-cont/demo/ImageNavigator/content/image2.jpg" Name="Red Turbine" Colour="FFFFFF"/>
    <item Image="http://mydomainname/mediasignage-cont/demo/ImageNavigator/content/image3.jpg" Name="Autumn Forest" Colour="222222"/>
</content>

I also ticked the option 'trust content' certainly.

And when the swf played in MediaSignage Player, it will only display the first image '3D Spheres'. When I select to load the other images, it will display loading animation and after a long time wait, it still displays the first one.

Any suggestion? Thanks a lot.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:45:14 PM by vincent-zhang »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
I would highly recommend that you use AS 3.0 as AS 2.0 will have some backwards comparability issues and does not work well within the Flash VM.

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
This morning, I test two AS3.0 Flash program(the script are outside the fla timeline, and located in an external as file).

One program is a banner that will load four images and display them, and after I uploaded it, I could not see it in the Signage player, even in the 'Resources' panel, I could see nothing.

The second one is a simple image viewer that just load one image and one xml from url, it can be displayed in the Signage Player, but the layout was messed up totally.

So, I really want to make sure that MediaSignage solution can fully support the feature(I mean, AS3.0 swf can access custom data from URL) that I am talking in this thread before I decide to join the Reseller Program. And it is pretty critical and urgent .  Have you did that internally before?

Thanks.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:13 PM »
Did you mark the swf as "Trust this resource" under it's properties in the resources section of the app?

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:10 PM »
Yes, I did.

May I give you a suggestion. MediaSignage can provide an official sample(fla file and include its source code) to users, to demonstrate how to integrate flash+xml solution into MediaSignage. The sample swf should be able to get XML from url and then display the information(images, videos and text) stored in the XML file(just like the Flash programs on Flashden). And that would be great to us. 

As a reseller, we need to have that capability, otherwise, all the media files will have to be embedded into swf, and that produce no value. On the other hand, if we need to do it all by ourself to build the flash+xml solution, then we don't need to involve MediaSignage.

Thanks for attentions.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 07:02:57 AM »
But we have many examples. Food menu boards etc...
And communicating outside is simple, as long as trust is checked on.

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
Which sample? Would you please give a link?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

erehm

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 05:57:10 PM »
Vincent-Zhang,

You may need to implement a cross-domain policy file. 

If your SWF file is on Computer A and the image the SWF file will retrieve is on Computer B, then Computer B must implement crossdomain.xml, allowing the SWF on computer A to access Computer B.  It's part of Adobe's security policies.

See Adobe's Cross-Domain Policy Spec newbielink:http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/crossdomain_policy_file_spec.html [nonactive] as well as the help file on Adobe's site: newbielink:http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AS2LCR/Flash_10.0/help.html?content=00000457.html [nonactive]

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
Thank you, erehm.

At the beginning, I thought of that problem, I did put a crossdomain.xml file under my own domain. For simplicity, the content is
<cross-domain-policy>
     <allow-access-from domain="*" />
</cross-domain-policy>

My swf can grab xml and jpg from my own domain, just it only did once. So, this should not be resulted from cross-domain policy. There should be other reasons.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
Did you mark the swf as "Trust this resource" under it's properties in the resources section of the app?
That will allow the swf to load external content

vincent-zhang

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:16:12 AM »
Thanks for attentions.

But when I click 'Get source code' for sample 'Directory 2', I got message(I tried others as well, and got the same result):

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Please try the following:

?Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
?If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
?Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:26:45 AM by vincent-zhang »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 06:49:49 AM »
please change the word business to neptune in the download path...
this will fix it for you...

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines